Tuesday, August 27, 2013

We are officially a family of FIVE!

We arrived home on 8/24, exactly 2 months after we received our referral for our dear son Christian. As many of you know, I stayed in Ethiopia between court and embassy so that I could bond with him before boarding a plane and taking him home. Those three weeks were full of FIRSTS! First kisses, first diaper changes, first early morning smiles, first time eating baby food and so many more. 

It's amazing that he is in our lives and he fits in just perfectly. We are often told how much he looks like us and I couldn't agree more. 

He is the happiest baby I have ever seen. He is always smiling and laughing! He rarely cries and he is so laid back. God definitely had His hand is this and I couldn't be happier! 

Our time together in Ethiopia flew by. I had planned on being there for at least 2 months. However, God had a different plan and less than 2 weeks after passing court, we cleared embassy and we were on our way home! Our results are not typical! We know many people that waited on average 8-10 weeks. We know that it was only by the grace and favor of God that our time was accelerated and we are forever grateful! 

For those of you that may have questions, feel free to leave comments or you may continue to email me at kdadoption@gmail.com 

Til next time....

xoxo


Picture from our last plane ride home! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, nice a plane selfie! Congratulations to the newest addition to the family! How's life going living with this cutie? Yeah, I can see the resemblance! I could feel your glowing happiness just by reading this post. I wish you more smiles, more kisses, and happiness with your family! Shandra @ GivingBirthToHope.org