Friday, January 18, 2013

USCIS Update. Happy Friday!!

I had this feeling all day that I needed to call and check the status of our application. I ignored that feeling for most of the day, out of fear of being disappointed. 10 minutes ago, I decided to call. To my surprise someone answered right away. She then told me that my case had been assigned to an officer and that she would transfer me to her. Considering that I was once a government employee, my first thought was that I was going to be transferred to someone's voicemail. Surprise again! She answered! She then told me that she reviewed our file this week and that it has been approved and we should receive the letter within the next 7-10 business days! Woohoo!! Can you say Happy Friday!!! This just made our weekend! Hope you all have a great weekend! XOXO

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! I tried to subscribe, but it wouldn't take my email. Not sure why it wouldn't take it?

Aja said...

Yay, good news Dana!! We had a bump in the road early on too, we missed our fingerprinting appts. and USCIS called our house. It was sent to our physical address, not our mailing address even though that was clearly spelled out in our letter. Anyway, I try to think of every occurrence, both good and bad, as a step or a change in the path that will lead us directly to our child someday. I will always wonder if our 3 week delay with our fingerprinting appts. was "meant to be." Happy for your good news!

Aja said...

Hi Dana,
I just wanted to pop in and say hello! How is everything going?